Slovak Philharmonic was established in 1949 by the Act 13/1949 Coll. of the Slovak National Council on the Slovak Philharmonic. This law was replaced by the Act 114/2000 Coll. of the National Council of the Slovak Republic passed on 16th March 2000. This law came into force on 1st June 2000.
This law stipulates that the Slovak Philharmonic is a state-run, professional and representational national institute in the field of musical culture.